Sign Up to Receive ISCHE Updates
- The Pantanal is burning again. Will it be another devastating year?by Jim Germond on September 17, 2021 at 2:45 am
The fires that tore through South America's Pantanal region in 2020, destroying 30% of its area, are still scorched in memory. And now, the world's largest wetland that […]
- An environmental ‘catastrophe’ in Southern Africa lingers with few answersby Jim Germond on September 17, 2021 at 2:35 am
In early August, reports began to surface of a major spill of toxic runoff from Angolan diamond mines into rivers that feed into the DRC's waterways.
- An outdated grid has created a solar power economic divideby Jim Germond on September 17, 2021 at 2:14 am
Utilities have upgraded the infrastructure for rooftop power in richer neighborhoods, but low-income areas don't have the same capacity.
- What survives the stormby Jim Germond on September 17, 2021 at 2:01 am
StEER engineers flock into the site of natural disasters to support first responders, and learn from the destruction.
- Canada election 2021: which parties will eliminate fossil fuel subsidies?by Jim Germond on September 17, 2021 at 1:48 am
In 2009, when Canada and other G20 nations first pledged to tackle fossil fuel subsidies, a collective promise was made to do away with 'inefficient' subsidies. But the […]
- Canada election: why nature-based climate solutions are making wavesby Jim Germond on September 17, 2021 at 1:26 am
Canada has a huge role to play in the global fight against the climate emergency — simply by not destroying the intact forests, grasslands and wetlands that naturally […]
Sign-up to receive ISCHE's Quarterly Newsletter